Thursday, September 1, 2011

Betty Crocker always delivers.

Happy September!


Doesn't feel like it up in the Twin Cities though. When I walked outside the humidity made me think I was back in Omaha.


Despite the heat, I was jonesing to do some baking today.


I walked over to Kowalski's across the street in search of some specific Bob's Red Mill flours, but to my dismay they didn't carry any of them. So I decided to put on my lazy pants and buy a gluten free Betty Crocker cookie mix.


And let me tell ya, Betty Crocker knows how to do gluten free!


This was the first time I'd tried out one of BC's gluten free mixes, and if you served them to someone without a gluten intolerance they would never know the difference. Not sure how my gluten free baking is going to measure up!


I would definitely recommend keeping a box of this on hand in case you ever need something that's quick and easy.


Betty Crocker's Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 1 1/2 dozen 3 inch cookies


Ingredients:
1 Box of Betty Crocker's Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
1 Egg
1 stick of butter (8 tablespoons)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Dash of sea salt (optional)




Directions:


Preheat your oven to 325 degrees


For the mix, follow the instructions on the back of the box.


I added chopped walnuts for some added texture.


Using a tablespoon for measure, scoop the dough into golf ball sized blobs and arrange them equal distance apart on a cookie sheet or silicone baking mat (I love baking with mine, makes a huge difference in the results).


I also HIGHLY recommend sprinkling a tiny bit of sea salt over the cookie dough before placing in the oven. The salt adds an extra element of taste to the cookies that I love.


Bake for 11-13 minutes.


Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.





Hopefully having an apartment that smells like cookies will make me some friends up here.

Enjoy!

No comments: