Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Today, after getting settled in my seat for History of Jazz, I took out my textbook, notebook, and a writing utensil. After twenty solid minutes, the girl next to me pointed out that I was about to take notes with a Tide To-Go Pen.

I may be sick and completely out of it, but a successful food blogger is always prepared for spontaneous stainage.

Now if you all will excuse me, I'm going to go take a nap.


Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal 
Serves one

1/2 cup dry gluten free oats
1 cup of water
1/4 cup canned or puréed pumpkin
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
(or 1 dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and all spice)
1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
1 handful of pecans

Cook the oats to the package instructions. Once the oats are cooked, stir in pumpkin and spices. Sprinkle pecans on top.

Simple, but delicious!

No comments: