Saturday, September 10, 2011

Just one more figtastic recipe...

Things are pretty wild in St. Paul tonight. Watching the U.S. Open... eating some cereal... Casper is sleeping.

Not sure if I'll be able to handle this crazy lifestyle.



However, today was productive and I'm getting to watch a beautiful sunset right now.

I successfully installed and activated my internet all by myself, which was no easy feat since the Comcast customer service girl gave me about 20 different instruction manuals that are ALL in Spanish. Gracias, Comcast.



After a nice long run down Summit Avenue I cleaned the kitchen and organized my gluten free flours!




I hope those of you who are gluten tolerant have a new appreciation for all purpose flour.



Here's a great snack that can double as a dessert.

Check in tomorrow for lavender vanilla bean scones!


Baked Pears with Brie and Fig Spread

Ingredients:
1 pear (any kind you prefer)
6 oz brie cheese
Trader Joe's Fig Butter






Preheat the oven to 425 degrees

Quarter the pear and remove the core. Place in an oven safe baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.

After 15 minutes, place an inch long slice of cheese on each pear and bake until bubbly and melted.

Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. 

Spread the fig butter over the pears and serve. Perfect midnight snack!





No comments: