Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Granola

I promise a long, enthralling post tomorrow but right now I need to keep cranking out paragraphs for this paper!

However, I did manage to make this kick ass granola.

You're welcome.


Gluten Free Pumpkin Granola
Makes approx 6 cups
copied from this recipe

5 cups certified gluten free oats
1 heaping teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup apple sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup pepitas
1/2 cup dried cranberries

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F

In a large bowl mix together oats, spices, and salt.

In another bowl, mix together brown sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, apple sauce, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.

Toss the oats in the wet ingredients until evenly coated (they'll be a little wet).

Spread out over a large baking sheet covered in parchment paper.

Bake for 20 minutes, remove and stir in pepitas and cranberries, then back in for another 15-20 minutes.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I made the Pumpkin Granola today and LOVED IT!!!! It made my house smell like pumpkin pie!!!

Danielle said...

I made the Pumpkin Granola today and LOVED IT!!!! It made my house smell like pumpkin pie!!!

Galina said...

Don't you love all the spices we get to use in the fall?

So happy you liked the recipe! I might make some more soon because it was gone before I knew it!

Kristine said...

This got rave reviews at our Halloween potluck. I ditched the brown sugar and upped the maple syrup, and no one complained. ;) Thanks for this.