Monday, September 26, 2011

Gluten Free Chocolate Biscotti

Today kept me pretty busy, which was needed. I heard about a potential retail position through a friend here in St. Paul, so after classes I put on my Power Slacks and drove up to the Rosedale mall. To be honest, I really don't see myself working in a mall, but applying/interviewing is always good experience. I know I can't afford to be too picky with potential jobs, especially since the search has been a lot more tough than I had anticipated. I just want to find something that I genuinely enjoy with people I can relate to. I've taken jobs in the past that weren't the right fit for me, and I would rather find something that can be long term, even if it takes a bit longer.

In the mean time I'm doing some work for the school to put the gluten-free bread on the table.

If anyone needs a personal baker... you know who to call!


Gluten Free Chocolate Biscotti
Makes 15-20 biscotti

Ingredients:
1 cup millet flour
2/3 buckwheat flour
1/3 almond meal/flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon xanthan gum

1/2 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup agave nectar
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs

Possible add ins: Pecans, walnuts, gluten free oats (get creative!)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined

Mix wet ingredients in a smaller bowl until smooth.

Gradually fold the wet ingredients into the dry using a rubber spatula. Dough should be firm and heavy, not sticky or wet. If needed, you can add a few teaspoons of milk.

Drop the dough onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper or a silpat. Form dough into a long rectangle, a little under an inch in thickness. Bake for 25-30 minutes. A toothpick should come out of the center clean.

Allow to cool for about 20 minutes. Lower the oven temp to 300.

 Once the slab is cool enough, cut the biscotti lengthwise to your desired thickness. Arrange on the parchment or silpat and bake for another 10-15 minutes.

Allow to cool completely before serving. These turned out awesome!

Borrowed my mom's camera so the picture quality is better.

Thanks Mom!

No comments: