Friday, October 28, 2011

Gluten-free in the City

I'm back in New York, where nothing has changed and yet everything has changed.

So far the trip has involved catching up with friends, a trip to Mud Coffee, and an afternoon of exploring SoHo and the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn (just googled it - Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass).

The DUMBO neighborhood contains a little crepe shop, O-Crepes.


Lilly's (non-gluten-free) strawberry banana crepe.


My gluten free apple, walnut, and honey crepe. I wouldn't say it was out of this world, but I hadn't had a crepe since high school french class, so I was happy as a clam.


Down the street and around the corner was...


Jacques Torres! Haven for all that is chocolate and delicious. We couldn't pass up some wicked hot chocolate.

We also stumbled upon Rice to Riches, which I've read about and have always wanted to try. How can you go wrong with twenty different flavors of rice pudding? After sweet crepes and super rich hot chocolate I couldn't handle another dessert, but I did stop in for a sample. I would definitely recommend this to all rice pudding connoisseurs, and I dare the skeptics to try it. Cute little shop!

I'll do my best to sit down and provide better details soon, but I'm on vacation!

No comments: