Sunday, October 2, 2011

foodgawker and a flop

Today is a pretty monumental day!

I believe sometime in August I had written about foodgawker, a website that compiles postings from food blogs with an emphasis on food photography. I discovered the gawkerverse my freshman year of college and since then have religiously checked it every night, discovering new recipes and techniques.

Well, today one of my posts was officially published on foodgawker! You can check it out here.

Huge thanks goes out to my mom for lending me her camera, and to my friend Nicole who introduced me to the site!

All of this has left me so motivated and inspired! It's incredible that my recipes are now being viewed by countries all over the world. It gives me the encouragement to keep going and possibly expand The Blue Table. Who knows where things could go!

Thanks to this glorious happening, I wasn't terribly let down about the baking flop I experienced this morning. I attempted to come up with my own recipe for brownies, which did not work out so well. The batter had a viscous, sticky texture and would not bake! It was in the oven for a solid 50 minutes and was still not done. Above anything, I was reminded that you cannot take shortcuts in gluten free baking, and you must be precise and mindful of measurements and ingredients.

I had intended to bring the brownies over to my uncle's house, which is where I spent a majority of my afternoon. It was really great to be with family, I'm extremely lucky to have some in the Twin Cities who are so welcoming.

Went to see 50/50 last night with someone from school, spent a good amount of time reading Jane Eyre this morning, and now it's time to study for philosophy. Ended up being a pretty solid weekend!


To make up for the lack of a recipe in this post here's a picture of Casper, the amputee cat.


Always puts his grumpy pants on when I take pictures of him.

No comments: