Saturday, October 29, 2011

Snow thanks, I'm staying in tonight.

I have no idea if I have any devoted followers, but if you do exist, today was for you!

It's been snowing all day in New York City. And these aren't fluffy little flurries that kiss your cheeks and urge you to twirl around with outstretched arms. It's been a relentless assault of rain, ice, and thick wet snow, pelting you from every single direction. I did not bring appropriate attire for this weather, naturally. I was coming from Minnesota, how could it possibly be worse?

This morning I trekked from Brooklyn over to the Chelsea Market. Foodie heaven AND it has an Anthropologie! New York never fails to remind me that I'm a broke college student. I indulged in yet another Jacques Torres wicked hot chocolate (it's the only thing to drink in this weather) with my friend Claudia, who was in my Parsons classes last year. I would have liked to have prolonged the visit with Claudia, but the awful weather persisted and she was better off returning to her warm little sanctuary in Long Island.

I'm not sure if what I did next was courageous or just stupid, but it certainly was a determined mission. To avoid spending more money on subway fare I walked from Chelsea to the area where I used to live in Stuyvesant Town, clutching on to my umbrella with purple, icy fingers. All for the gluten-free wonderland that is Tu-Lu's Bakery.

This trip has provided some much-needed reassurance of my decision to transfer schools and move to the Twin Cities, but how did I move away from Tu-Lu's? I lived three minutes away last year!


How did I leave this HUGE gluten-free snickerdoodle...



...and these new gluten-free fruit bars?


I'm sorry, raspberry almond crumble muffin. I didn't mean to abandon you and your friends.

And now Lilly's roommate and I are snuggled up in blankets, drinking tea, and I'm freezing my butt off in their unheated apartment. Lilly's going to have a hell of a time trying to convince me to go out again tonight.

No comments: