Thursday, December 8, 2011

Papers and Pine Needles

Tonight, I had to move the blue table over to side of the kitchen to make room for...


My very first Christmas tree!


Today has been awesome. I'm half way done with finals, I found a fellow macaron enthusiast, I survived Christmas shopping at the mall, and I found this tree!

I took my time as I perused the selection of trees in a lot off of Snelling tonight. All of the kids were running around with candy canes as their moms looked for the perfect fraser fir. Keeping my 500-square-foot apartment in mind, I browsed through the smaller trees. Hidden in the far end of the lot, this little pine was surrounded by towering frasers. It was like the puppy who watches all of his brothers and sisters be picked before him. I gave my tree a little reassuring pat and found a man to help me, who had the best Minnesota accent that I've encountered, by far. 

This tree makes me feel like a little girl again. I didn't even mind carrying it up three flights of stairs.


I also had time to make my favorite vanilla bean scones.


Now my kitchen smells like Christmas, vanilla, and pure awesomeness. 

1 comment:

LoriB said...

It's a lovely tree, and has a nice warm home now! Can't wait to see you and the tree on Christmas Eve. Love you! Mom