Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Honey

To me, one of the most beautiful images in the world is the way honey illuminates the crisp white of an apple. If only my dinky little point and shoot could capture this.

Maybe it's better when kept to my own eyes.


I feel like this photo is a good representation my day: light, sweet, whimsical, with a little bit of spice.


If the next week floats on like today, it would be fine by me. 

Without the obligation of work, I drifted around Grand Avenue for a majority of the late morning and early afternoon. With a chai in one hand and my iPod in the other, I embraced the unseasonably warm weather and moseyed around Saint Paul as if I was in a daydream. Some days the convenience of having  a car is difficult to pass up. But, I wanted today to be different. A trip to the bank almost becomes a privilege when I can take my time, listen to good winter music, window shop, stop and pet someone's dog. 

With the addition of seeing the American version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo for under $7, Saint Paul really had it going on today. 

And I would say that Rooney Mara is my new girl crush. Who needs Daniel Craig. 


Tomorrow I'll have to take a break from daydreaming and take my position behind the counter of the bakery once again. But, for now I'm going to snuggle up under the covers, still smiling from the very entertaining Skype session that Lilly and I just shared.

Good night, blog world. 

(I apologize for lacking a recipe in this post - I'll brainstorm something to try in my new slow cooker for tomorrow!)

No comments: