Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Best Banana Bread Ever

After building myself up to it for some time, I finally deactivated my Facebook account last night. I also changed my laptop screensaver, which had been a pink peony for over a year now. It's as if I lost my identity.

Kidding. Partially. 

Even after all this, writing final papers still proves to be a struggle. But, I'm going to see if I can stay away from social networking for all of winter break.

Just because I deactivated my personal account, doesn't mean you can't "Like" the blog page.

*wink*

Gluten-Free Banana Bread
adapted from Celiac Teen
makes one loaf

I ate an embarrassing amount of this today. 


I really wish this photo was better, because this is the best gluten-free bread I've ever had!

1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup sweet rice flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup millet flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup ripe, mashed bananas (2 large bananas)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 large eggs, beaten
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chops

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Whisk together flours, starch, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, and sugar. 

In a separate bowl, combine bananas, applesauce, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla.

Fold wet ingredients into dry until the batter just comes together. Fold in chocolate chips.

Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes.

Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

Enjoy! I know I did!

No comments: