Friday, December 30, 2011

Spinach and Goat Cheese Omelette Wrap

I actually mustered up enough energy today to make myself a real breakfast.

And boy did I need it.

I'm not sure what the traditions are in your family, but one of my mom's traditional holiday dishes is a casserole that has earned the name "heart attack in a dish."

After a serving a two of that, it's nice to follow it up with a lighter meal that provides energy and doesn't require you to wear pants with an elastic waistband.

Spinach and Goat Cheese Omelette Wrap

My friend Lilly suggested that I try using my new iPhone for taking pictures, as opposed to the point and shoot I've been using.


I'd say it was a good suggestion.

This is my kind of breakfast; easy but delicious. I cracked two eggs into a little glass bowl, added about a tablespoon or two of skim milk, and whisked it up with a fork. Then, I added a half tablespoon of oil to a medium-sized pan over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Allow the eggs to cook for a minute or two, and then flip the omelette if your feeling bold. Sprinkle spinach and goat cheese over the omelette, allow to cook for another minute, then fold the omelette into a little wrap. 

Voila. 

At the moment I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with some much anticipated updates. But, if I manage to get a grasp on things, check in next week for news!

No comments: