Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday Fun-Day

I'd say that today was an ideal Sunday.

I spent the morning shuffling around my apartment, cloaked in a fuzzy blanket with a mug of tea in hand. After doing a satisfactory amount of homework, I put on my galoshes and walked out onto Grand. The sidewalks were covered in a blanket of semi-pristine snow and the air was thick with icy moisture; every inhale felt as if I'd just rinsed with Listerine. I've decided that with a positive outlook and quality layering skills, I think I can like winter. 

Like, not love. 

I headed east towards the new Anthropologie that just opened. The fact that it's just a hop, skip and a jump away is going to be dangerous for me. But, I've been working hard so I decided to reward myself today. 

For those Parks and Recreation fans out there, sometimes you just have to treat yo' self. 

Now my non-stick pots won't get scratched when I need to whisk something! And I can make fancy schmancy macarons. Someone needs to have a Parisienne-themed party, stat!

I spent the remainder of the afternoon perusing macaron recipes and listening to some music. I just started using Spotify this weekend, which should help me save my money for gluten-free flours rather than iTunes. 

Mid-afternoon a friend from Augsburg came over and we had some girly time. It's exciting, getting to know new people. Casper was purring up a storm with all of the new attention, and anyone who bakes with me is alright in my book. 

Flourless Chocolate Torte



Pretty, huh? I was relatively satisfied with the texture, but Courtney and I both agreed that the overall taste was a little too bitter. I also think that if I tried it again, it would be good to have someone melting the chocolate while you make the meringue, or vice versa.

With apples and capra cheese, leftover mushroom risotto, and this torte, it was an evening of very rich food and easy going conversation. 

I think I'll let you all follow the recipe link above, because I wasn't 100% on our results.

Plus, I just used a thesaurus for the word "better," so I think it's time for me to hit the hay. 




No comments: