Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The contents of my cupboard, in a pot.

Look at this sad, sad bowl of soup. If anything says "Hey, I'm a college student," it's this.


Even a mountain of cheese couldn't disguise its pitifulness.

I could easily make this entire post one big whine session about sleepiness, too many papers, and the dropping temperature. But that would be silly. I have an awesome new job that is worth the early hours, a challenging but interesting major, and plenty of sweaters. So I'm going to put a sock in it.

However, this awesomeness was not enough to motivate me to put on pants without a drawstring and walk over to Kowalski's. Yikes, this soup isn't the only sad thing about my night. 

I'll call this I've Put Off Grocery Shopping For One Day Too Many Soup. It consists of: 1 14oz can of crushed tomatoes, half an onion, one clove of garlic, one stalk of celery, vegetable stock, gluten-free pasta, fresh spinach, and fresh thyme. Oh, and a generous amount of parmesan cheese (which was really the only thing I could taste).

Tomorrow I'll get my act together and put on pants that aren't lined with fleece. I'll be making a tarte aux pommes for french class! 


No comments: