Thursday, November 10, 2011

Autumn Rice Pudding

I sincerely apologize if posts have been a little weak the past few days. I've been pretty drained.

But, the weekend is upon us and I only have to work tomorrow morning, which will allow me to catch up on some much needed snoozing!

After waking up to little snow flurries this morning, I decided today would be a day of comfort food. When I got home from classes I made a big pot of pumpkin chili and whipped up a new rice pudding recipe for dessert. 

I kind of wish this poetry paper would write itself so I can curl up under a blanket with some tea and watch a period film, because this dreary weather is only acceptable when it occurs in the moors of the english countryside. 

Autumn Rice Pudding
Serves 3-4

1 cup dry short grain brown rice
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil (or your own preference)
1/2 cup apples, chopped into bite-size chunks
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/3 cup sugar

Cook rice to package instructions. 

Add oil to a small pot and place over medium/low heat. Add apples, pecans, and spices. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until pecans are fragrant. 

Whisk together milk and cornstarch. 

Combine rice and milk mixture. Fold in apples and pecans. 

Easy as that!


I'll also take this weekend to produce some quality photos... yikes.

No comments: