Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I feel like I'm in a bit of a food rut. 

I can't promise that I'll stop trying new scone recipes, but I think over the next couple weeks I'm going to push the pastry recipes to the back of my mental recipe box and try to branch out. 

Now that I'm happily employed, things are going to get pretty busy up here in St. Paul. So, tonight I attempted to be a little proactive and make something that I can eat on the go. 

But, apparently my gluten-free cereal bars were not meant to be. The ingredients were promising: gluten-free cereal, flax seed, unsweetened coconut, almond meal, gluten-free oats, dried cherries, pecans. However, I miscalculated the dry ingredients to wet ingredients ratio. 

I never was good at math. 

This is still delicious though! I'm taking it as a sign that I'm just not meant to live a fast-paced life. To show my acceptance of this, I'm going to put this aside for breakfast to sprinkle over yogurt and spend the rest of my evening brainstorming new recipe ideas.


I'll call it "I'm Not A Granola, Not Yet A Cereal Bar" 

No comments: